Labels

June 23, 2011

Cole and Lily at SF Ocean Beach

06.10.2011

Cole and I went to San Francisco from 6/9 through 6/21.  We had a great time hanging out with family and friends.  Thank you kindly to Dan and Lily for being wonderful hosts and making us feel most welcome at their lovely home!

I'll be posting photos from the beginning to the end of the trip...

I moved around a lot when I lived in the Bay Area.  But one of the places I truly enjoyed was Ocean Beach when I used to live in the Sunset District back in the day.  I remember that the Taraval train stopped right in front of the house which was a pain, on one hand, because it's LOUD when you're trying to get some sleep, but on the other hand, it was also a convenience when it dropped me off right at my doorstep after work everyday.  What I enjoyed the most about living at this house was having the ocean pretty much in my backyard!  On weekends, I used to go for a cup of java at a nearby coffee house, then head right on to the beach for a walk and to watch the seagulls glide over the ocean or to chill on the beach... just like I used to as I waited for the sun to set.

So on 6/10, Cole, Lily and I trekked out to Ocean Beach...



We watched the brave kite surfers in the C-O-L-D water!


Why is it that kids don't feel the cold as much when they're running around and having fun?! The water was FREEZING!!




Here they are bracing themselves against the cold wind and water!




Wonder what Cole was pondering here...


The seagull wanted to be in the shot too...


So hard to get these kids to stop and smile at the camera!  Happy to catch this one...


OK, back to business...


"Mommy, what?  Another picture?!  We're playing with the seaweed!!"


Cole and Lily will have to correct me if I'm wrong... but I think they were building a trench around the seaweed here...


Building a trench is serious stuff!


Chillin' seagulls...


Pretty scene with seagulls in the foreground and a kite surfer in the background... so very Ocean Beach!!


I timed this so that this seagull was looking right AT ME!






Little Miss Lily, you have grown into such a charming young lady since we last saw you!!


Here's my wild-haired boy enjoying Ocean Beach...


More pics to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Lily tells me that she and Cole were building a spa!...the warm sand would mix with the seaweed and water....then they would soak their feet in the mixture and it felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I just showed Cole the post and he said the exact same thing... a spa!

    ReplyDelete