Labels

July 2, 2011

Fisherman's Wharf

06.15.2011

Today is Lily's 8th birthday... and one of the things she did today was to be the gracious little hostess that she is to Cole and me... and showed us around at Fisherman's Wharf, the SF Bay Aquarium and Pier 39.

Can't go to Fisherman's Wharf without having a churro... 




Birthday girl with her churro...


Pier 39!!!



Pretty flowers...


Here are some pics from the SF Bay Aquarium... starting off with this colorful eel.


Then we saw this spiky sea cucumber...


Here's Dory... with a grown Nemo in the background!


More fun and colorful fish...



Black lights made these jellies look eerie!




I'll have to ask Cole whether he remembers what this topic was about...



Sea star... with 5 arms.


Some anchovies...


Sea star with 6 arms!!  I guess I really wasn't paying close attention-- Cole had to point it out to me!  :)


No idea what this crustacean is called...


They also had puffy coral... as Cole calls it.


Now I don't know why they had frogs there too...


Then we said hello to the sea lions.


When I moved to SF many, many moons ago, all these docks used to be completely covered in sea lions.  Where did they all go?



We didn't make it to Alcatraz this last trip.  It'll have to happen at the next visit.


Then of course, we stopped at the Taffy Store!


More pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment