Labels

January 10, 2011

Snow Day...

Cole was up late last night knowing school will be closed today.  At around 9:30 or so, I noticed big, fat snowflakes coming down.  I told Cole right away about it but he kept puttering away with the new Lego Atlantis he got from Santa.

So I watched the snowflakes come down... so pretty to watch.  But the crazy wind was making them come down fast.  By the time Cole was done playing with his Legos, he finally went to the back door and said, "Oh My God!  We're going to have a lot of snow for a snowman, aren't we?!"  His enthusiasm is so funny and contagious it made me feel like a kid too.

This morning, Cole woke up (before me, which hardly ever happens) and I got two minutes of snuggles from him (I usually get way more snuggle time than that).  Then he said, "Mommy, let's look out the window."  I was still half asleep when I told him to go ahead and look.  Then he said, "Oh My God!  I can't even see the road!"  There goes my snuggle time.  :(

As Cole and I went downstairs for breakfast, we found Tom in his favorite chair, still in his pajamas, working.  The roads are shut down so he's working from home.  Maybe when it's time for a break, we can twist his arm so he can join us when we go sledding.

I took a couple of pictures from our front stoop while Cole was having breakfast.



"Oh My God!  I can't even see the road!"




Here's Tom still in his pajamas with Harry for company... working away.




I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment